Provide acute care to patients with complex and chronic illness across the adult lifespan.
As a nurse, you are dedicated to the well-being of your patients, ensuring they receive the care they deserve. Now you’re ready to expand your knowledge to provide advanced acute care to patients ranging from young adults to the elderly.
Choose Duquesne University’s online Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP) MSN program and focus on delivering acute, chronic and preventive health care services to adult populations. As a specially prepared nurse practitioner, you’ll manage complex chronic illnesses in individuals across the adult continuum.
Why earn your MSN in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care?
- With the aging baby boomer population and national physician and nurse practitioner shortages, specialized practitioners are needed now more than ever to care for highly vulnerable populations with acute and complex chronic physical and mental health issues.
- You will be able to practice in a variety of medical facilities, including hospitals, critical care units, long-term care facilities, hospices, home-based care, correctional institutes and primary practices.
- AGACNPs provide services ranging from disease prevention to critical care, focusing on patients who are physiologically unstable, technology dependent and/or highly vulnerable to complications.
Why choose Duquesne University for your MSN-AGACNP?
- Complete coursework online. Our courses are asynchronous, which means there are no set login times for online classes.
- Study at a respected and top-ranked school. Duquesne is ranked #45 for Best Online Master’s in Nursing programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Learn with a leader in online nursing education. Duquesne University has been teaching nursing online for over 20 years and is accredited by the CCNE.
- Gain hands-on experience. Participate in three on-campus residencies and network with other students and faculty.
- Take advantage of tuition discounts. Get in touch with one of our enrollment advisors for details
Duquesne University’s online MSN-AGACNP curriculum includes coursework in:
- Foundations of Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Practice
- Transitioning to Advanced Practice Nursing
- Clinical Prevention and Population-based Health Promotion
- Evidence Based Nursing Practice and Policy Development