Provide both physical and mental health care to your patients.
Today’s health care environment requires a strong focus on mental illness, substance abuse and mental health among vulnerable populations. By earning your MSN in Psychiatric-Mental Health, you can help meet the crucial need for health care practitioners in this field.
Choose Duquesne’s Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner MSN program to develop the skills necessary to assess, diagnose and provide treatment options to patients with mental disorders. In addition, as an advanced practice nurse working in the psychiatric field, you’ll also have the chance to work with families and large groups.
Why earn your MSN in Psychiatric-Mental Health?
- Work with various populations across the lifespan, including individuals, families, groups and communities, to assess and diagnose mental health issues, and provide primary care services.
- Gain the ability to contribute to legislative efforts regarding mental health, policies on the topic and health care reform.
- Pursue one of the highest-paying nurse practitioner specialties: A 2019 Clinical Advisor Salary Survey reported that nurse practitioners specializing in psychiatric-mental health made an average salary of $130,382.
- Collaborate with other health care professionals, including psychologists and psychiatrists, in a variety of settings like private practice, behavioral treatment centers, community health centers, public health offices and correctional facilities.
Why choose Duquesne University for your MSN-PMHNP?
- Complete coursework online. Courses are asynchronous, meaning no set login times for online classes.
- Study at a respected and top-ranked school. Duquesne is ranked #45 for Best Online Master’s in Nursing programs by U.S. News & World Report.
- Learn with a leader in online nursing education. Duquesne University has been teaching nursing online for over 20 years and is accredited by the CCNE.
- Gain hands-on experience. Participate in two on-campus residencies where you can network with other students and faculty.
- Take advantage of tuition discounts. Get in touch with one of our enrollment advisors for details.
Duquesne University’s online MSN-PMHNP curriculum includes coursework in:
- Serious Mental Illnesses/Substance Use Disorders Across the Lifespan
- Individual, Group, and Family Therapies Across the Lifespan
- Psychopharmacology/Biologic Therapies for Neuropsychiatric Dysregulations
- Evidence Based Nursing Practice and Policy Development