Enhance the profession of nursing. Transform the future of health care.
Demand for nurses is increasing, and health care systems continue to depend on nurses prepared to plan, initiate, effect and evaluate change through holistic patient care, advocating for patients and continuing education at all levels.
Earning your MSN degree at Duquesne University allows you to expand your knowledge of nursing practice and patient care. An MSN can make you more autonomous in your career and prepare you to teach future nurses.
Choose Duquesne University for your online MSN and specialize your education in:
Why earn your MSN online at Duquesne?
Our students choose Duquesne for many reasons, including our reputation as a leader in nursing education, the support we offer and the long-term relationships they are able to create with our expert faculty. Our Master of Science in Nursing program is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the “Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs for 2021”.
We pride ourselves on offering you an authentic learning experience as an MSN student at Duquesne. We offer small class sizes, which allow your colleagues and professors to know you by name. Our students consistently tell us this means they don’t feel like just a number as in other nursing programs.
The master’s degree program at Duquesne University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (http://www.ccneaccreditation.org).
As an online student, you will benefit from:
- Convenient online coursework you can complete around your schedule.
- Preparation courses for certification examinations.
- Access to resources like our online libraries, writing centers, continuing education and conference opportunities, and online orientation.
- A dedicated support team to help you every step of the way, from enrollment, through your courses and even after graduation.
Online MSN Curriculum
Our goal is to prepare you as a master’s-level nurse for a lifetime of success in your nursing career and beyond. Our rigorous yet practical curriculum is focused on leadership, management, ethics and evidence-based practice. The core curriculum in each of our MSN online programs highlights historical and contemporary nursing foundations and emphasizes the importance of ethics in all facets of health care ― from patient care to policy.
MSN On-Campus Residency
Our online MSN students benefit from on-campus residencies where they go deeper into each body system through physical assessments prior to their clinical rotations. These on-campus visits also allow our online students to connect with classmates and network with faculty they have interacted with online.
“The on-campus residency weeks are great. I knew nothing about advanced physical assessment or anything. Even working every day with patients as a nurse, I still had no idea about some of these other techniques. Being able to practice them firsthand with people who could assist me was tremendously helpful.”
― Christopher Baker, MSN-FNP Student
Is the online MSN program at Duquesne right for you?
Duquesne University’s School of Nursing provides our students with a path for professional and personal growth. Our MSN programs give nurses the opportunity to further their education with a dedicated support team to help them reach their highest potential.
Duquesne nurses are:
- Dedicated to their patients and to the development and continuous improvement of the nursing field.
- Adaptable to various health care environments and respectful in the care they provide patients of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Eager to learn and take control of their learning experience by networking with colleagues and faculty, taking their class assignments a step further and using their critical thinking skills to solve problems.