Today’s health care system is changing. Prepare to lead the way.
Earn your Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) online from Duquesne University, and you can do more than rise to new levels of leadership. You can develop specialized expertise to become an agent for change in the evolving health care landscape. You already translate evidence‑based care into practice and improve health outcomes for diverse populations. Now the sum of your experience can position you to transform the future of health care.
Duquesne University offers two online DNP tracks:
- Clinical Leadership: The Clinical Leadership DNP program can help you develop your knowledge of how to effectively influence patient outcomes and improve the quality of care in clinical settings through evidence-based practice. You may pursue roles where you will be responsible for managing nursing staff and serve as a resource of knowledge for your team in implementing best practices when it comes to patient care.
- Executive Nurse Leadership and Health Care Management: As a graduate of the Executive Nurse Leadership DNP program, you will be able to collaborate with senior executives and leaders across various health care disciplines to identify problems, propose solutions and implement change for health care systems as a whole. You will gain the knowledge of how finance, budgeting, human resources and other aspects of business fit together to improve patient outcomes.
Why earn your Doctor of Nursing Practice online?
Earning a doctoral degree takes time and commitment. That is why online learning is perfect for self-starters. It allows you to do your coursework on your own schedule in the convenience of your home or work environment.
The smart choice — an online DNP degree.
- 100% online coursework. As a DNP student, your coursework is 100% online.
- Study abroad. Expand your transcultural care knowledge while studying abroad at Duquesne’s Rome or Dublin campuses.
- One‑on‑one faculty mentorship. You will be assigned a faculty member to help guide you through the program.
- Study at a respected school. Duquesne’s School of Nursing ranks No. 57 in the nation for “Best Nursing Schools: Doctor of Nursing Practice” by U.S. News & World Report in 2020.
- A DNP Practice Project that focuses on leadership for evidence‑based practice in nursing.
- The opportunity to study abroad in Rome, Italy or Dublin, Ireland to learn more about global health perspectives.
- The chance to add a specialized concentration to your DNP coursework in the areas of Forensic Nursing, Nursing Education or Transcultural Care.
Gain quality global health care insights.
Your ability to work with patients and colleagues of different socioeconomic or cultural backgrounds is important — they rely on you to help them navigate complex health care decisions.
Our global study experience encourages you to observe diverse patient populations to enhance your knowledge of global health issues, care strategies and disease prevention.
Research drives health care.
Through the DNP Practice Project, you’ll have an opportunity to blend leadership and patient care into a project that highlights practical evaluation based on a topic of your choice.
Your project should be focused on patient outcomes, quality improvement and clinical practice, which means you will need direct access to patients to test your theories and complete your project.