Specialize your focus and strengthen your advanced nursing education.
Our online post-master’s certificates in nursing allow nurses who have previously earned their MSN to continue their postgraduate nursing education and gain a competitive edge in today’s nursing field.
Challenge yourself, build upon your existing master’s-level nursing education and feed your desire for lifelong learning by earning a post-master’s certificate from Duquesne University. We offer six types of nursing certificates for students who are ready to expand their current professional role or those interested in making a career change to a new specialization.
Choose a specialization for your post-master’s certificate in:
Why earn a post-master’s certificate in nursing?
As a master’s-prepared nurse, you understand the importance of continuing your education and the value that graduate degrees bring to health care. Not only does your MSN degree distinguish you as a nurse, it highlights the in-depth education and specialty you’ve chosen to focus your nursing career in.
With a post-master’s certificate in nursing, you can take that focus a step further ― you can enhance your comprehensive understanding in a similar area of focus, or you can choose a new area of focus to expand your professional expertise as a nurse. Adding additional expertise to an area of focus in nursing not only helps to increase potential career opportunities, but it also aids your efforts to provide quality patient care in today’s evolving health systems.
With a post-master’s certificate from Duquesne University, you can provide care to patients across multiple generations, help victims of crimes in health and legal settings or make a positive impact on the nursing faculty shortage and educate future nurses.
Why choose Duquesne University for your nursing certificate?
At Duquesne, our post-master’s certificates are designed to help you expand your nursing knowledge in a variety of specialties to promote your professional growth and career goals. Advancing your education is vital in today’s health care settings, and by earning a certificate in a new specialty you are showing your employer and other nursing leaders that you are dedicated to meeting industry demands of continuing your education.
As an online student, you will benefit from:
- Convenient online coursework you can complete around your schedule
- Preparation courses for certification examinations
- Access to resources like our online libraries, writing centers, continuing education and conference opportunities, and online orientation
- A dedicated support team to help you every step of the way, from enrollment, through your courses and even after graduation
Certification vs. post-master’s certificates in nursing
It is important to note that there is a difference between earning a post-graduate certificate in nursing and passing an exam that certifies you in a specialty area.
By completing the coursework in our post-master’s certificate programs at Duquesne University, you will be prepared to sit for certification exams, such as:
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners Certification Examination
- American Nurses Credentialing Center Certification Examination
- Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Certification
- Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) Examination
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification (AGACNP-BC) Examination
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Board Certification (PMHNP-BC) Examination